Richard qualified as a Solicitor in 2012.
A keen rugby player and supporter, his first degree was in Sports Science; the Anatomy and Physiology elements of which gives him a head start in the world of Clinical Negligence. He retrained during his time with the Law Society, achieving a commendation in the Graduate Diploma in Law and Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, and a distinction in a Master of Laws Degree in 2009.
Richard is a member of Action against Medical Accidents (AVMA), the recognised mark of expertise for specialist Clinical Negligence lawyers.
The Legal 500 has also recognised Richard, stating that he is ‘excellent‘, ‘clever‘, ‘hard working‘ and ‘canny‘.
He has experience of a very wide range of Clinical Negligence cases including Orthopaedic, Oncological, Urological, Infection, injury during surgery and the management of long term conditions such as diabetes and Crohn’s Disease. He handles cases from inception to completion, including trial where necessary. He enjoys broadening his medical knowledge with complex and unusual cases. Richard spends 90% of his working time dealing with medical negligence matters. The remaining 10% of his working time is spent as the Partner overseeing our Private Client department.
Richard also became an Affiliate Member of the Society of Estate Practitioners in 2012 and can advise upon, and create, Personal Injury Trusts to protect any settlement monies from being means tested by the state.
Outside of work Richard enjoys spending time with his family and travelling. He is a keen tennis player and avid rugby supporter, being a season ticket holder at Birmingham Moseley RFC for almost 30 years.
Were very pleased with everything Richard did for us and were pleased with the outcome.
I appreciated all the help and advice I was given by Richard. I will certainly recommend his services to others. His support throughout to me was amazing. Thank you.
Richard was exemplary, professional, hard-working, and committed to getting me a positive result. He has been conscientious, diligent, and so honest with me – with everything clearly laid out. Thank you so much Richard.
The whole process from first contact to the final outcome was dealt with to the highest satisfaction. On Richard Stanford’s first visit to our home, he made us feel at ease & throughout the whole process supported & guided us.
From day one, Richard dealt with us with empathy, understanding & great patience in support of the situation we found ourselves in. He communicated with us every step of the way, talking to us in a language we understood so we could make informed decisions around how we were to proceed with our negligence claim. When our Mom’s health deteriorated, Richard was compassionate & provided alternative options on how we could proceed to progress the claim without causing further distress to our Mom & us. Through Richard’s tenacity we were able to obtain a substantial settlement to support Mom’s ongoing needs as a result of the negligence even though the other party continued to deny liability. If it hadn’t been for Richard & his hard work, including the co-ordination of the legal claim & the right experts to support our case, we do not believe we would have had the positive outcome that we did. We can’t think Richard enough.
From start to finish the service provided was first class. I was listened to & kept up to date & informed throughout. Thank you Richard Stanford & your team for the way you handled by case. I would definitely recommend your services.
From start to finish, the company have made us feel at ease. They have been very considerate about our feelings and always allowed us to make choices.
Our solicitor, Richard has been brilliant and has been very thorough, with the whole process. Any questions big or small, was never to much trouble for him to answer. Most importantly he gave us so much support, through a difficult process.
How absolutely lovely to wake up to such a fabulous email. You certainly worked your charm well! Once again many thanks for your consistent support and hard work on this case. You don’t fancy running for P.M by any chance do you?